Dr. Mridul Kirti has translated highly respectable Hindu scriptures such as
Samaveda and Ashtavakra Gita written in the classic Sanskrit language into an easily understandable Hindi and
Brij Bhasha. Not only are these translations readable, they most of them are in a poetic form and therefore, they can also be sung. She considers herself to be a humble medium for spreading the message of God, and has devoted a large part of her life in writing and translating immortal religious texts.
With her zealous efforts, Dr. Kirti has been single-handedly able to complete such important and prestigious projects without any kind of outside help. She continues to work as she believes her job has only begun.
She takes this task as devotion and feels her work has only been possible
due to divine inspiration and help.
- Shankar Panchdashi (Poetic translation of
15 prayer strotras by Adi Shankaracharya) Published by Jyotirmath
- Translation of Shrimad Bhagwad Gita in Brij Bhasha (2001):
Honored with being released by the Prime Minister of India, Mr. Atal Behari Vajpayee, this translation is in BrijBhasha. It is the first of its kind- narrating the Bhagwad Gita in poetry, and in the language of Mathura, the birthplace of Lord Krishna.
- Samved Ka Hindi Padyanuvad- Poetic Translation of the Samved in Hindi (1988):
The first poetic translation of the Samved in Hindi; translated in Chaupai Chhand, it retains the essence of the original (being rhythmical like the Ramayana). This work was inaugurated by the Hon'ble President of India, Mr. R. Venkataraman. It was also honored with the U.P. State Government Translation Award.
- Eeshadi Nau Upanishad. Poetic Translation of Nine Upanishads (1996):
The first poetic translation of nine Upanishads in Hindi. These Upanishades are – Eesh, Ken, Kath, Prishna, Mundak, Mandukya, Aitreya, Taitreya, and Shwetashwar. The Honorable President of India, Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma, inaugurated this work.
- Ihateet Chhana- A collection of philosophical poems (1991):
A one of a kind collection of philosophical and spiritual poems. Inaugurated by the Governor of Himachal Pradesh, Mr. Virendra
- Ashtavakra Gita - Kavyanuvad (2006):
Poetic translation of the Ashtavakra Gita in Geetika Chhand. There is no other known translation of the Ashtavakra Gita.
- Working on poetic translation
of Adi Shankaracharya's Vivek Churamani.
- Many articles and poems published in prestigious publications and
websites in India, United States and Australia. Among them, many
articles on Vaidic literature and Hindu philosophy.
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Meerut University, Meerut, India -1991
Research Topic - Political System in Vedic Literature; A comprehensive study of the political scenario and
administration in Vedic scriptures. The research also compares the Vedic political system with the present democracy in India.
- Masters in Political Science, Agra University, Agra, U.P. India -1970
- Masters in Hindi (Sahitya Ratna), Allahabad University, Allahabad, India -1968
Presentations & Lectures:-
Delivered lecture at Australia India Institute, Melbourne University,
- Recently interviewed
by SBS two times in Australia.
- Upanishads as a Kernel of Spirituality, presented at the “International Conference on Contemporary Views on Indian Civilization”, held in Newark, NJ, USA - August 2000.
- Vairagya Sandipini and Gita, presented at the “Conference on Tulsidas and his Works”, held in Miami, Florida, USA. November 1999 and at the Dharam Hinduja International Center of Indic Research, New Delhi.
- Isopanishad and Contemporary Thoughts, presented at the Emory University, GA, USA - September 2000.
- Interviewed by many magazines and websites including Garbhnal,
Prabhasakshi, Pravasi Duniya etc.
Honors and Awards
- The UP Sanskrit Sahitya Academy Award for translation.
- ‘Samveda Ka Hindi Padyanuvad’ was inaugurated by the Hon'ble President of India, Mr. R. Venkataraman.
- Sponsored by the “Indian Council for Cultural Relations” (ICCR), Government of India, to attend and present my paper in the “Conference on Tulsidas and his Works” organized by the Hindu University of America in Miami, USA.
- Interviewed on the Indian national television for the work on Vedas.
- Felicitations by many Vedic and literary organizations such as Bharat Vikas Parishad, Sanskar Bharati, etc.
- Delivered guest lectures in various Indian universities
- Personal acclamations by His Majesty the King of Nepal
- Included in the Encyclopedia of Vedic Authors
- "Best Public Speaker" Award by Lions' International and Jaycees' International
- Contributor to the Encyclopedia of Hinduism- a project of the Indian Heritage Research Foundation (IHRF, Rishikesh)
- Vishwa Hindi Sewa Samman by Akhil Bharatiya
Manchiya Peeth, Uttar Pradesh, on 15th November 2014.
- She can also sing her translation works- SamVeda, Gita, Upanishads and
Highly skilled in Unicode Hindi typing
- Hindi translation of Dainik Havan mantras in poetic form
Ashtavakra Gita Poetic Translation (Padyanuvad)
released by Sh. Karan Singh Ji and Sh. Balram Jakhar Ji
Speaking on the occassion of Ashtavakra Gita's release
at Sahitya Academy, New Delhi
At Sahitya Academy, New Delhi on March 16, 2017
At Sahitya Academy, New Delhi on March 16, 2017
With Hon'ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, on March 14, 2017, at Parliament House, New Delhi
Hon'ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, released Dr. Mridul Kiriti's latest book 'Patanjali Yog Darshan'
on March 14, 2017, at Parliament House, New Delhi.
Dr. Kirti was invited to deliver a lecture at Sahitya Academy, New Delhi. Vice Chairman of Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, Sh. Kamal Kishor Goenka was also present on the occasion.
With the then Prime Minister of India, Bharat Ratna Sh. Atal
Bihari Vajpayee Ji
With the then President Late R. Venkatraman Ji and Sh.
Virendra Verma Ji
With the then President of India, Late Dr. Shankar Dayal
In Australia India Institute, Melbourne, Australia during a
lecture I delivered on Hindi and Indian Culture.
Cover of my recent book Shankar Panchdashi
A scene of the release of 'Shankar Panchdashi'
Blessings of Pujya Shankaracharya Ji in his letter